Because of the Covid-19 pandemic, the City of Aspen is asking everyone to help - locals, visitors and guests - to prevent the spread of the novel coronavirus. Please note that masks and/or facial coverings are required in downtown Aspen, both inside and outside. Hotels, restaurants, retail shops and other businesses have all agreed to follow these five guidelines set by Pitkin County:
To help our guests navigate Aspen during the pandemic, we have gathered a wealth of information on what is open, what is available, and the abundance of things you can do while you are here. The details below are from the Aspen Chamber Resort Association (ACRA) and may be found in their entirety on their website.
- Restaurants are open to 25% capacity and customers will be screened at the entrance and refused entry if displaying symptoms
- Restaurants will collect contact information for all diners
- Masks are mandatory for all staff and for all customers indoors and outdoors, whenever they are not actively eating or drinking, including when interacting with restaurant employees regardless of the ability to maintain 6 ft. of physical distance from others not of the same household
- Tables will be spaced so that patrons are a minimum of 6 feet apart. Groups shall be spaced in a manner so that no patron from one group is located within 6 feet of a patron from another group
- Each table group size is limited to 8 or less, from one family group only
- Alcohol sales end at 9:30 PM; Restaurants close at 10:00 PM
- Many restaurants are offering takeout and delivery
Check with your Aspen Square concierge team for detailed information on open restaurants and takeout/delivery options.
- Retail stores are open at 50% capacity
- Mandatory masks for all staff and customers
- Please observe social distancing requirements when queuing
- Many stores are offering call-ahead curbside service and the ability to shop local online
For more detailed information regarding retail openings and online shopping options, guests should be sure to speak with our Aspen Square concierge team.
- Masks are required while inside, in lift lines, on lifts, while riding in gondola cabins, in rental and retail shops, base areas, lodges and on-mountain facilities
- Reduced touch points with online contactless booking for all lift tickets, lessons and rentals
- Skip the ticket office by utilizing lift ticket pick-up boxes or delivery to your home or lodging
- Industry-leading cleaning guidelines for high traffic and high touch areas throughout the day; hand-sanitizing stations available
- Gondola cabins are disinfected with electro-static sprayers
- Fewer customers are boarded onto lifts and gondolas
- Food and beverage services include pre-order online and grab-and-go options
Follow this link to Outdoor Guided Recreation for more details on outfitters and recreation options.