10 Jan 2023
Wintersköl, Aspen's annual celebration of winter starts this week. The 72nd event will take place from January 12-15 under the title of "Where Would We Rather Be".
- The popular Wintersculpt (and we have plenty of snow for the sculptures!) and Kid's Wintersculpt.
- Thursday, Aspen's annual celebration of winter with a "toast", in memory of Helen K. Klanderud! Celebrate with ACRA's business community members as we honor the Wintersköl Royalty, present the Business and Non-profit of the Year, and the Molly Campbell Service Award. Tickets include a champagne toast and reserved seating for the luncheon.
- Friday Morning Uphill- as a part of Aspen’s Wintersköl Celebration, AspenX, and the Aspen Chamber Resort Association will provide FREE breakfast to participating uphillers from 8:45 – 10 AM. Grab your gear, friends, and a Wintersköl button at the bottom of Tiehack then head on up for breakfast and great Wintersköl raffle prize giveaways.
- Torchlight Descent down Aspen Mountain followed by a spectacular fireworks display on Saturday.
- The return of a local favorite! Soupsköl is back and restaurants are excited to compete for the title of "Best Soup in Aspen" along with bragging rights and the coveted Soupsköl soup pot trophy. Saturday, January 14th, 1 - 3 PM, Downtown Aspen, Cooper Street Walking Mall. The event is FREE and open to everyone, come join in and vote for your favorite soup.
Congratulations to the 2023 Wintersköl Royalty Nancy Mayer and John Rigney!!