Ullr Nights is a weekly event on Snowmass Mountain held on Fridays during the winter months. Ullr is the Norse God of Snow, and to celebrate all things related to snow, Snowmass throws this fun, family-friendly party, which is open to everyone. On Ullr Nights, you can go on a guided snowshoe tour, dance to live music, make s’mores, warm up in front of a bonfire, sip hot chocolate while stargazing, go on a snow bike tour, ride the new Breathtaker Alpine Coaster, have dinner at Elk Camp Restaurant and go tubing. And that’s just beginning!
You start your Ullr Nights experience by riding on the Elk Camp Gondola. From your gondola car, you can gaze down at the twinkling lights of Snowmass Village and let your anticipation grow. When you reach Elk Camp, get ready to have some fun!
- Tubing — Snowmass Mountain has multiple lift-served lanes. The entire tubing area is lit by lights. Enjoy the ride down and catch the magic carpet back to the top of the tubing hill for another go.
- Snowshoeing — Venture through a quiet winter landscape with a naturalist guide from the Aspen Center for Environmental Studies (ACES). Learn how plants and animals prepare for warmer months in the middle of winter.
- Snow biking — Take a bike, put it on skis, and you have snow biking! Ride this unique “bike” on snow during a guided snow biking tour.
- Breathtaker Alpine Coaster — Cruise through an evergreen forest at night! Riding the new Breathtaker Alpine Coaster at night is an exhilarating experience you won’t soon forget.
- Warm up your hands in front of the bonfire, sip hot chocolate, and make s’mores.
- Head inside Elk Camp Restaurant for dinner, live music, and don’t forget the kids’ activities downstairs.
- For adults, visit the ice bar for cocktails, beer, and wine.
Want to know what other fun winter activities you can enjoy in Aspen? Check out: