Snow holidays for non-skiers and boarders in Aspen are chock-full of fun winter activities. Rest assured that while Aspen may be synonymous with skiing, skiing, and more skiing, Aspen is a Rocky Mountain destination that offers a great deal more than just skiing in the winter. We compiled a list of 14 fun winter activities for non-skiers to enjoy in Aspen.
- Snowshoeing — Go snowshoeing on Aspen Mountain with a naturalist guide from the Aspen Center for Environmental Studies (ACES).
- Ice Skating — Ice skate under twinkling holiday lights at the Silver Circle Ice Rink in downtown Aspen, or skate at the Aspen Ice Garden or Aspen Recreation Center rink.
- Cross Country Skiing — Take a Nordic or skate-skiing lesson at the Aspen Cross Country Center.
- Sleigh Rides — Dash through the snow in your own one-horse open sleigh in Aspen. Enjoy the mountain views and this quintessential winter experience.
- Tubing — Head to Snowmass for on-mountain tubing. Snowmass Mountain has multiple lift-served tubing lanes at Elk Camp.
- Sledding — For a more traditional downhill experience, one that will remind you of when you were a kid, go sledding on the “Whoa Nelly” sledding hill at the Aspen Recreation Center.
- Après-ski — Just because you didn’t ski doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy après-ski! Meet family and friends at a local lounge or bar for appetizers, cocktails, and conversation.
- Swimming — Get in a few laps at the Aspen Recreation Center pool.
- Ride a Bike — Rent a fat bike at a local bike shop, and go for a cruise on the Rio Grande Trail.
- Hike — Enjoy a quick, fun hike on Smuggler Mountain. At the observation deck, enjoy the incredible view of downtown Aspen and Aspen Mountain. Don’t forget to wear your Stabil-Icers!
- Visit Museums — View contemporary art at the Aspen Art Museum, which offers free admission. Learn about Aspen’s past at the Aspen Historical Society, located in a beautiful Victorian home in Aspen’s West End.
- Snowmobiling — Zip around an open field just outside Lenado during a guided snowmobiling trip.
- Fly Fishing — The trout in the Roaring Fork River will bite your fly whether it’s July or January. Plus, if you fly fish in the winter, you’ll likely have the whole stretch of river to yourself.
- Indoor Rock Climbing — Work body and mind at the indoor rock climbing gym at the Red Brick Recreation Center.
As you can see, Aspen offers non-skiers so many fun winter activities, and that doesn’t even include shopping! When you’re planning your next snow holiday, whether you ski or not, Aspen is an excellent choice!